Friday, September 19, 2008

Sad News

Life is slowly returning to normal after Ike.
With a little bit of bribing, the kids have helped everyday and cleanup is almost done.

The sad news is that the two baby birds we rescued didn't make it. We, my son and I, tried our best. It has hit him hardest because he totally committed to taking care of them..giving them water out of a dropper, digging worms to fee them, making sure bedding was clean an that they were warm. We'll never know why they didn't make it. They were doing so well and then one day they were both just too weak to eat. My son has learned that valuable life lesson that even when you try your best, things don't always work out.

My training group will give it a try tomorrow morning. I'm not sure I'll go up because of curfews, but I will get out there to run somewhere. Other than lots of yard work, my training has been weak.

I wore my "Out For Blood" shirt today. This shirt is a fund raiser for Tammy Law, another TNT runner. I highly recommend getting one if you like that raw, don't mess with me look.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/txg/houston09/tlaw

No comments: