Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Getting Back On Track

Wow, way too long since I've posted.
Yes, I did the 10 miles.
Yes, it was very painful (foot more than knee).
Yes, with the advice from my coaches, I decided to take 2 weeks off to let things heal.
And no, I did not cross train as much as I should have but I have been stretching like crazy.
So, here we are, first week of September and I'm ready to dive back in.

Here's the really cool news, I've been working with my knee constantly and now have more flexibility that I've had in years (woohoo!). I'm stoked!

Other good news, my friend Marcia is doing wonderful now. She almost died from encephilitus that she got during the complications of her last chemo, but she's recovering now and will hopefully be home soon.

Other good news, I've signed my "commitment" forms for actually doing this marathon. This is due to YOU and the encouragement (and funds) that you guys have contributed.

My buddy Christina Bouwens is coming from Orlando to do the run with me (we did our first half marathon together). If she can slow down to pace with me, I'm sure we'll talk the entire 26.2 miles :-). She's a veteran of 2 marathons now and the San Antonio is a "warm-up" for the Goofy Marathon and a Half that she will be doing at Disney in January. You go girl!!!

And last, my daughter Sam will be coming too to volunteer with the LLS crew and cheer people on. Way to go kiddo! Of course, I haven't told her how early we need to get up on marathon day yet ;-)

No comments: