Friday, July 18, 2008

Slow but steady

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. Things have been busy in the Hodge household.

Did 4 mile run on Sat with the Champions Fit group. Met my weighloss buddy Kathy who joined their half marathon program. Kathy and I became buddies via Jillian Michaels weight-loss web-site, where we are both using her program to lose weight, but we both seem to have a "love food too much" issue. Hopefully we can motivate each other to eat better while getting workouts in.

I did a 10 mile bike ride on Sunday just to see how the knee would take it. Not bad, but still some pain on the outside of the leg. Went to the knee Doc. on Monday and he did more deep massage (pain was almost as bad as childbirth). Bruises have since shown up on my leg, but it's working. My knee is so much more flexible. I had 2 softball games on Monday night (had to still baby the pulled glute), an easy jog on Wednesday and ran intervals on Thursday. In all this, the knee is staying flexible and the pain is not as great. With the help of some Tylenol, recovery is pretty quick. In other words, it's getting there.

I've had a lot of generous people contribute to my TNT funraising that should put me almost at the minimum I need to do the race. I've had word that my friend Marcia got worse (encephilitis) but has, in the last week, improved greatly to the point where she wants one of Frank Jackson's wife's cakes ...the best...which was being taken to her today. I hope to go see her soon, if not next week, then the week after.

You hang it there Marcia!

We're in the heat of the summer here in Houston (heat index is 97 right now). Not the worst yet, but it makes a challenge for working out at lunchtime.

Whereever you are, stay cool!
Amy

No comments: