Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Need...water...

Let's just say that Saturday was a tough day and the 10 miler could have been better.
Here's how the day went:
Friday night went to local play (Les Miserables) and got home at 11:00.
Up at 4:45am so I can leave by 5:15 to get there by 6. Run starts around 6:20. Did good until around 6 miles and then my back started cramping. Thought I was just out of shape. Then I stopped to stretch my calves, and they started cramping. I swear I remember drinking enough of both gatoraide and water, but I guess not. So I had to walk the last 3.5 miles and stop and stretch my back. Won't let this happen again.
Got home by 10:30am. Got shower, did chores.
Volleyball game at 12:30. After volleyball game, went to bike shop to help out with the registration for the Katy Flatland, an annual bike ride that the NorthWest Cycling Club puts on. Bought electrolyte additive at the shop for next weeks run (no more stinkin' cramping for me!)
Left at 4:30 pm to go home, round up family, headed to Joes Crab Shack for supper and then to Mountasia to play mini-golf, go-carts and games. Home at midnight.
Can you say tired?
Then up at 4am to go to bike ride and work registrations until 8am. I was going to ride the 33 mile route, but I was so pooped, I went back home and slept for a couple of hours.
A busy weekend!

I put a bag of ice on my knee after the run while driving home and it really helped, so I'll be doing that again. Also massaged the knee on the foam roller. Looks like I will be babying the knee for as long as I want to run distance. I can do this!

Now softball on Monday was a different story. Repulled the glute/upper hamstring so I babyed that on Monday and Tuesday. I can handle one pain, but when I have multiples, I get real wimpy. So I'm trying to be easy about the training during the week so that these things can heal.

Last good news, I've lost about 7 lbs! Woohoo!

1 comment:

gingergypsyhorsemom said...

OMG - - Amy, you really DO need to "take it easy"!! I think a slow, gradual progress up-hill would be easier on the bod. Hey - congrats on the 7 lbs. lost! I'm sure you won't miss them :+) G