Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ouch!

I finally went to the sports medicine Doc on July 3rd and he did some major grinding on some tight muscles that I have in my quad which he suspects is causing my kneecap to move incorrectly. Then he put this funky tape on my knee which is supposed to help support the correct movement. I did the half-marathon distance on Sat morning (5miles) and things were stiff afterwards, but no worse. Then I helped my husband redo our kids closets the rest of the weekend. Ah, the life.

I went back to the Doc. on Monday, he ground some different muscles, put more tape on. Did I mention that I chose BLUE tape...got lots of questions from people. I did do an exercise video early in the morning and the knees were ok. But, playing our first two games of softball that evening was rough. Sprinting, when I haven't done it in awhile, ugh!!. And even though I stretched, I pulled a glute, i.e. butt, muscle. Ouch! I never knew I used that muscle so much until it was hurt. So today is a rest day and then I'll get back to training and the Doc tomorrow. I have a feeling that the key is going to be stregthen up the quads., plus losing a few pounds. The more I think about doing a marathon, with these walls and setbacks, motivates me to do it even more. Guess I just love a challenge. As a friend once said, I'm one sick puppy...hah!

1 comment:

gingergypsyhorsemom said...

Wow Amy! You've really been thru the ringer - - hope the remainder of July is easier than it started out! I remain totally impressed by your spirit and determination - - keep up the good work!